Wanna Hear a SpOOky Ghost Story?


Sent in by Mandy, Copyright 2008 TrueGhostTales.com
Rating 4.27 out of 5

Filed Under Ghosts & Hauntings


Ghost Woman In White
November 10, 2008

I am now 20 years old and I experienced the most terrifying thing in my life like 16 years ago. I was 4 years old and me and my elder brother were sleeping in the same room but in two different beds.

I remember I was quite insomniac and used to sing a song to myself until I fell asleep every night. I used to sing the Walt Disney’s comics’ songs :)

One night I could not fall asleep and it was around 3 AM and I was singing and I suddenly started hearing a humming in the room. My brother had already fell asleep at that time. I started feeling scared and stopped singing my stupid songs and tried to listen if it was my brother who wanted to scare me. I then went under the blanket and the humming was still being heard. I slipped just a few inches out of the blanket and I was frozen at the sight of a very tall woman, in white with a very long pony tail, standing next to my brother’s bed and playing with his hair. Oh I forgot to mention that when I was under the blanket, I called out for my brother and he didn’t answer me.

Back to the story. I was petrified, horrified or whatever you want to call it. I suddenly felt that I couldn’t breathe out of fear and I started crying and I couldn’t dare call for my parents because I was so scared if the woman would notice me. I went under the blanket, weeping my heart out and fell asleep. I swear I was not dreaming.

The next day I told my parents what happened and mum told me that it’s because I don’t sleep on time and because I’m tired or whatever, she was making up a theory with me just to make me believe that I was hallucinating.

Anyway, one day, about a month later, my grand ma came to my house and I overheard a conversation concerning what happened that night. Mum said ” Mandy saw her”. I was shocked and wanted to hear more. I then went into the lounge where they were sitting and started asking more about it. They asked me to go and play but I started crying. My grand me then took me to her place to spend a few days. I forgot a bit about what happened and came back home after 2 weeks.

One day about 5 years ago, I raised the conversation again with my mum and told me that it was MOST PROBABLY the ghost of my brother’s babysitter who died of breast cancer. She loved my brother a lot and vice versa. I was shocked but relieved at the same time as I finally came to know that she just wanted to look after him.

After that day, I really didn’t care about what people were saying concerning my experience as I heard lots of ” you were dreaming” but I know I was not.

Well I think it’s now too long and don’t want to bore you more but I swear all what I said is true and I still remember that night as if it was yesterday.

Comments

Gail Lackey said…
Prang! you've just been bopped by miss Pennthistles "seal of Dasterdly Delight" and award for you SpOOktacularly Special Site! You can get your badge off my blog to display delightfully on your site!
Haunted hugs, Gail

View her Here

View her Here
Tilly Lives in Paris

Click to View Addy on Etsy

Click to View Addy on Etsy
Addy Too-D

Mort...click to view

Mort...click to view
Mortimer, Monster under my bed

Voltaire

Voltaire
Click to View Dearly Departed Voltaire