I was so sad when it closed
Adventure Thru Inner Space opened in Disneyland in 1967 as part of the New Tomorrowland project. It occupied the space that previously housed the 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea walk-through and the Monsanto Hall of Chemistry. It closed in 1986. The space is now occupied by Star Tours.
Adventure Thru Inner Space
Presented by Monsanto
Step into an Atomobile and be prepared to be “miniaturized!”
Your Atomobile—similar to a Haunted Mansion “Doom Buggy”—takes you on a journey into the world of molecules and atoms.
* After passing through the Mighty Microscope, you’re shot into giant snowflakes.
* You continue to shrink, allowing you to enter the crystalline structure.
* You find yourself in a sea of enormous H2O molecules.
* Electrons are now spinning around you!
* You’ve penetrated the wall of an oxygen atom.
* Finally, you face directly into the glowing nucleus of the atom.
* As the snowflake melts, you finally begin get larger again. You’re back on
* Eyeball photoLook up! You’re being watched through a microscope.
Your journey ends in the Monsanto display area, featuring the bouncy theme song “Miracles from Molecules” by Robert and Richard Sherman—the team responsible for the music for It’s a Small World.